Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Life Update and A Bit of An Apology

Here's just inside the entrance to IBS in NYC on Monday.  I'm so short you can't get a real gauge how far back it goes, but it literally takes HOURS to walk it all!


First let's start with the apology:  I'm sorry I haven't been blogging in almost two weeks!  Aack!  It's been one thing after another for the past week and a half, and this is literally the first time I'm sitting down to a computer in nearly two weeks.  And it's just my laptop, which I JUST figured out I can use an SD card with! Yay for learning new things.

This is what adventures in SuzanneLand has looked like for the past 9 days:

Monday, April 8th-  I got up at the buttcrack of dawn to drive an hour away for a photoshoot at a BBQ place for a local magazine.  Tons of fun!  I got to work with one of my favorite photographers in the area, Jonathan Thorpe, and one of my super beautiful model friends Jessica on this shoot.  I haven't seen either of them in almost a year, so it was extra nice to have them on set.  The theme was a bride and groom eating BBQ, and they got crazy messy- on purpose!- for the pictures.  I can't wait to see the final product, but I did snap a few phone shots for fun.  Here's one of them chowing down on the saucy mess!





Tuesday, April 9th- I actually had a day where I wasn't working, but it was time to get things ready for the final move what was supposed to be the following day...

Wednesday, April 10th-  Moving day... or Day 1 rather.  We moved our furniture in a Uhaul and figured we could get the rest in our van with trips back and forth between our house and my mother in law's house where we're staying until our new house is finished being built this June.  So much for that plan!

Thursday, April 11th-  After several pulled muscles, two Uhaul loads, and being up until nearly 1 am, we still weren't finished!  I also had a lash extensions client and a mobile spray tanning client in the middle of all that.  My right toes still have dark brown drip marks from where my gun leaked and I was wearing sandals.  (Note to self: When moving, leave yourself more than one available pair of shoes.)

Friday, April 12th-  Closing day.  We were able to get a moving company in the early morning to help us load up the rest of the stuff before the new owners took possession.  My back was so sore I could barely move, so I had to cancel my photoshoot at the boudoir company and find a replacement artist.  Thankfully, one of my team members Samantha was able to step in for me.  I treated myself to some ice cream for lunch, because honestly, it was an ice-cream-for-lunch kind of day.  My three year old loved the concept and has been asking for more "Frosty Moose!" for lunch since.  (It's going to be dangerous living about a mile away from such an awesome ice cream parlor!)

Saturday, April 13th-  Early wedding in Washington, D.C. for a group of uber blonde bridesmaids and bride.  She wanted them all to look like Barbie dolls, and we accommodated!  I finished out my day with some R&R at the spa for a facial, manicure, and pedicure.  This time I tried a shimmery dark blue on my toes, and I still don't know how I feel about it.

Sunday, April 14th- I slept.  For 14 hours straight and still was exhausted. Thankfully, I didn't have anything pressing on my agenda.  I had originally planned to go to NYC for The International Beauty Show, but since my ticket wasn't dated, I went on Monday instead.

Monday, April 15th-  Got up at 5 am to take a 4 1/2 hour bus ride up to NYC for The International Beauty Show.  Spent the next five hours walking every booth in the convention and hitting up the spa convention as well for even more amazing finds.  The deals were extraordinary, and I probably overspent.  Ok, so I totally overspent, but there were some things I just couldn't say no to.  I made out like a fox at Essie, China Glaze, Stila, and more.  I can't wait to show you guys some amazing new products!

As if IBS wasn't big enough, there was a whole other convention included in my ticket, The International Esthetics, Cosmetics, and Spa Conference.  I was in skin care heaven!


Tuesday, April 16th-  One errand after another, I did manage to fit in a quick round of golf with my husband before he left on his annual golf trip in Georgia with his father.  It's our tradition every year that I play 9 holes with him, which means that I only play golf once a year.  Which also in turn means I spend the first three holes getting hopping mad that I suck and not having a good time at all.  Logically, I know I can't be competitive, but emotionally it just drives me bonkers not to "do" what I'm thinking.  You know what I mean?

And that brings us to today.  It's after 7 pm, and in between boiling some pasta for my kids I'm typing this up.  I spent the morning watching The Hunger Games while my little guy watched Busytown and just enjoying it being the two of us.  Then it was time to get to work.  I had emails galore to return, and with six weddings, one wedding trial, and four upcoming boudoir photoshoots between now and the end of the month, I need to get ahead of the game or I'll lose my marbles.

What's your least favorite part about moving?  Is there anything you like about it?  Share your thoughts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...