Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Product Review- Stila Convertible Color

Stila Convertible Color in Poppy, Fuchsia, Rose, Lillium, and Peony


Recently I've gotten more into using cream blushes.  Don't know why I never really used them before, but I figured it was time to break away from my normal routine and start using products I'd never used before.  One of my big purchases at IBS NYC two weeks ago was some of the Stila Convertible Colors.  I got five of them, and man it was hard to choose just those five!  I really wanted to take them all home with me.  They are so beautiful, and I love how the colors match the case.  (Just like my all time favorite blushes by Tarte!  Read my review of those here or watch my video review here.)

What really drew me to the Stila ones was that they can be used on the cheeks as well as the lips!  Having versatility in a product is a major draw for me.  I wore the color Lillium on my lips and cheeks all day the other day, and it was so beautiful!  I loved how natural the color was.  On my cheeks it looks a little more peachy and slightly darker, and on my lips it was a bit more baby pink.  But it coordinated perfectly and really kept my whole look pulled together.  I tossed it in my purse to touch up my lips with at dinner, and it was nice to just use my ring finger to pat it into my lips.

To apply, I used the flat fat bottom of my blender sponge after my foundation to apply the color to my cheekbones.  It kept the color sheer as I built it up.  With this method, I was also able to apply to my hairline and a little on my nose and chin without having to worry about it streaking or looking too flushed.

The color lasted really nicely throughout the day on my cheeks.  Since I drink constantly throughout the day, I have to reapply color frequently unless it's one of the all day lipcolors (which Stila makes amazing ones!  You can read my review of theirs here or watch the video on them here, too.  I got some more colors in NYC that I'll be swatching and doing an updated review on soon.)

Stila Convertible Color in Poppy, Fuchsia, Rose, Lillium, and Peony
In order: Top Row- Poppy, Fuchsia, Rose. Bottom Row- Lillium, Peony


I bought: Lillium (perfect blend of peachy pink, very neutral color, GREAT for fair skins!) Poppy (beautiful reddish color that looks amazing on the lips, GREAT for darker skin tones but can be used sparingly for fair skins) Fuchsia (bright pink color, looks amazing on tanned skins for popping the apples but still suitable for lighter or darker skin tones as well, BEAUTIFUL on the lips) Rose (lovely deep berry mauve color, looks great on all skin tones, cooler based tone) Peony (fair neutral nude color with just a touch of pink, GREAT for fair skins, gives the perfect amount of color for a super natural touch of color to cheeks and lips).

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I want to try some. I have a mini delux size of Peony. For me, it turns out to orangy and don't really like it. Might save it for the fall season.
    I really want to try Petunia though.

    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempted by these, heard just so many positive things. The ability to put them on the lips is definitely a plus too for me as I'm lazy haha.

    Nice review :)

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...