Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Product Review- Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color

I'm all about the product reviews this week I guess!  Time to do another one, and this time it's about lip color!  The newest product on my lips I'm loving is the Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color, specifically in Caprice.

Copyright Stila Cosmetics.  Image from their website.


I bought a set of four colors back in November when they had their holiday sets out, and if you shop through their website, www.Stilacosmetics.com, you can still find it.  I hope it sticks around for longer so that more people can snatch these up.  They've pre-launched three colors in their Stay All Day formula, but none of the colors they have or are intending to have match the ones in this particular set.  I'm looking forward to trying them out on April 6th at IMATS in NYC.  I've got my fingers crossed that they'll have all of their colors there for me to play with and purchase.

I've got a video up on my YouTube channel with my review of this product, too.  So be sure to stop by and check it out.  Be sure to subscribe my channel and like the video while you're there, too!  It's free, and I'd appreciate the support!

But moving back to the product....  After filming a tutorial on Looking More Awake, I took a quick Instagram pic of my makeup look and uploaded it to my personal Facebook.  I've never had a photo get so many likes (on Facebook at least) from my friends and family.  They LOVED the bright fuschia shade on me, and I've worn it almost every day since.

There is a downside to this product though.  It's so intensely pigmented that if you put it on straight from the wand without wiping some of it off, it will look really cakey and almost chalkey on your lips.  I have to put on a sheer layer of it, and that's still no where even within the definition of "sheer" in terms of color payout.  It does dry down to a matte finish, and I'm a fan of glossy looks, so i prefer to wear it with some Revlon gloss over the top.  It does mean that it doesn't actually wear that long.  Every time I took a sip of something to drink there was lip color on my glass.  But the pigment stained my lips and stayed bright for hours, so it's a trade off.  It didn't dry out my lips at all, and the smell is just divine.

Overall, I give this product a huge thumbs up, and I'm hoping that the new formula is just as awesome.  The other colors in the kit are nice, too.  The Muse shade is a gorgeous soft rose color, and I'm fairly certain I'll be wearing it a bunch this spring, so keep an eye out for it in my tutorials.


Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...