Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Take time for you!

I've had a weekly tradition for nearly the past ten years on Sunday nights.  It's a weekly date with me, the bathtub, and my basket of skin care goodies.  I grab a glass of water (feel free to indulge in some wine if that's your taste!) and a good magazine or book and let my cares slip away while I take time out for myself and help to bring balance back to my skin.  I cleanse with an exfoliating cleanser (I love Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser 200ml/6.7oz) then apply a mask suited to my skin's needs.  If it's oily, I use a clay mask (try Queen Helene The Original Mint Julep Masque Facial Masks).  If it's dry, I use a hydrating mask (I love Origins "Drink Up" Mask.  They have a "Drink Up Intensive" that I'm going to try this winter, too!).  Then I slather on a thick layer of night cream and finish relaxing.  The heat from the water helps the cream penetrate deeper.  When it's time to get out, I just wipe off any excess left on the surface of my face so that it doesn't clog my pores and get all over my pillow.



I takes an hour of my time each week, but it preps my skin for the coming days ahead, and it's a nice way to purify my face after a weekend of wearing makeup for 16+ hours a day doing back to back weddings and appointments.  By doing this for yourself once a week, you can save yourself tons of money going to spas and dermatologists for monthly facials and have your skin looking beautiful and radiant for your wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...