Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Product Review- Dr. Jart BB Cream

Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm Review



Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm Review


From the Brand: What it is:
A purifying face cream that provides age defense, and hides uneven skintone and blemishes.

What it is formulated to do:
- Botanical Formula to purify and calm blemish prone or sensitive skin while also combating dark spots and pollutants for an enhanced radiance
- Features SPF 25 sun protection
- Comes in one universal shade

Perfect and protect skin instantly with this all-in-one multifunctional Beauty Balm. This triple-action formula naturally covers blemishes and uneven skintone, and contains botanical actives to purify and calm blemish-prone or irritated skin. Arbutin works to erase unwanted dark spots, while caviar extract and antioxidants protect skin from inner and outer pollutants for an enhanced radiance. Lightweight with sunscreen protection for simple, one-step neutralizing coverage, this soothing cream delivers optimal results for both women and men.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Beauty Balms or B.B. Creams were originally developed as a perfect post-procedure cream used to treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage the skin. Great for all skin types including those with sensitive skin, these versatile “five-in-one” formulas are designed to do it all: treat with high levels of active skin care ingredients; moisturize and smooth dehydrated skin; prime and perfect skin’s surface; camouflage and color correct the skintone; and protect skin from the sun with SPF. They can be used as a last step for their skincare benefits or used on their own as an instant beautifier.

Retails for:  $36.00


Where to Buy:  Sephora.com and Sephora stores


My Thoughts:  I've never been much of a BB cream user.  I've only ever used medium to full coverage foundations, so the thought of leaving my skin so "bare" was really hard for me to get over.  However, this BB cream totally changed the way I view them, and now I've been snapping up different brands to see how they all compare. 

I received this small size in one of my beauty box subscriptions many moons ago and only recently decided it was high time I see what all the buzz about BB creams was.  I found this to have the most coverage of any brand that I've tried so far, and I wish it was a bigger sample!  I used it all up very quickly, although I did get four full face applications from this tiny tube.

It has a great amount of coverage, and it felt amazing on my skin.  It soaked in quickly with no residue and didn't smell heavy like sunscreen as some other brands I've since tried.  It left my skin looking perfectly even and naturally dewy.  I only needed a bit of concealer under my eyes and a light dusting of powder to set.  I also found that it lasted all day with really no touch ups needed.

My skin is pretty dry, and this kept my face hydrated but stayed in place.  I'm not sure how it would do for more oily skins.


Final Verdict:  I wish the price wasn't on the higher end compared to drugstore brands, but this does definitely do a far better job.  I'd be more than willing to pay the price for this product and use it in the summer when I'm not looking for a full face coverage every day.


**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...