Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Product Review- Benefit High Beam

Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Review








Benefit High Beam Review

From the Brand:
Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek and brow bones for a dewy, radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter over makeup or wear under complexion products for subtle luminescence. It's the "supermodel in a bottle!"

Retails for:  $26.00


Where to Buy:  Sephora and Sephora.com, Ulta stores and Ulta.com, Benefitcosmetics.com


My Thoughts:  There are several different shades of the Benefit luminizing liquids, but the most common one I see people using is the Benefit High Beam.  I got this little bottle in a set from Benefit earlier this fall, The Pretty Committee, although you can find this included in a ton of their sets since it's such a popular product.  This particular shade is a light pink glow that looks really pretty on almost all skin tones.  For darker tones, I'd recommend using the Sun Beam, a soft golden glow instead.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of using liquid highlighters.  I love to set my foundation with a powder, and I find that a liquid highlighter over the top of a powder can make the powder cake up around the edges of the highlighter and mess up the overall look of my makeup.  Some formulas can also breakdown the foundation that I'm wearing instead of sitting on top, again messing up the look of my makeup and calling attention to the area in a negative way.

This isn't the case with the Benefit High Beam.  It does illuminate without messing up the liquid foundation underneath.  I'd still definitely avoid it on top of a powder, but it works amazing worked into the skin prior to a powder foundation to give a "glowing from within" type of effect.

My favorite way to wear this is on my cupid's bow, that little dip over my top lip, to call attention to my lips and make them look fuller.  It's an instant pout pucker upper.  It also goes well under my eyes to brighten them up in photos, since the slight shimmery glow from it reflects light.  Just be sure to go easy on it or else you'll look super weird in person.

The formula is very thin with a natural level of light reflection.  It's not a thick shimmery product by any means, which means that it's always going to look believable and understated rather than over done.  And a little goes a long way, so even a small bottle like this will last you for a long time!

Final Verdict:  Overall, a fabulous liquid highlighting product that gives a natural looking glow to the skin and has a lot of versatility.

Have you used this product before?  Share your thoughts and your way of incorporating it into your makeup look for other readers to enjoy!


**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...