Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where the heck have I been?!

Well, I've been a bit everywhere lately!  Things kind of took a crazy course for us right before we moved at the end of June.  My grandfather was suddenly in the hospital, and I debated heading up to see family in Connecticut a few days early rather than waiting for my niece's graduation.  Fortunately, it wasn't too serious, and I was able to keep my original vacation scheduling.  Unfortunately, I hadn't pre-blogged my articles for while I was gone, and it all snowballed from there.



Here I am with the graduate on my right, her sister on my left, and the little guy is my youngest.

He just loves his cousin!


Then it came time to move into the new house, and that was a debacle deserving of a five-star award in the shit-show department.  Suffice it to say, it was nearly a week after we had the keys to our house before our furniture was delivered.  The movers pulled out of the driveway at 5 pm on Wednesday night, and at 6 pm we had houseguests arriving for my java party!  (Side note: I've recently become a distributor for Javita Coffee Company weight loss coffee and energy coffee.  I'm sure I'll blog more about these products at a later date, but if anyone is interested, you should really check out the website! It's pretty amazing stuff!  A friend of mine's sister has lost 11.5 INCHES from her waist in the last month just by drinking two cups a day.  And I've cut my caffeine habit from 8 cans of soda a day to one cup of the energy coffee.)



The party went great, I sold a bunch of coffee, and that was our first night in the new house.  Noon the next day my sister and her family came for the 4th of July, guests for our BBQ arrived around 3, and it was yet another late night.  In the meantime, I was preoccupied and not blogging.  But I did have a great time spending a few days with my sister, her husband, and my two gorgeous nieces.  The past few days after they left have been furiously scrambling to get my office set up (note to self: if I ever move again, I WILL put the damn printer cords in the same box as the printer...) and my studio set up so that I can finally get back to filming videos and taking clients again.  Lots of upcoming brides need their lash extensions and spray tans to look super fabulous on their strut down the aisle!  The next set of family comes on the 15th and stays for 9 days, so I've got a log of pre-blogging to do this time!  July and August are always my vacation months, with family coming and then going down to Florida for a while to visit that half of the family. 

I recommend buying stock in IKEA.  I'm going to be spending a LOT of money there in the next few months...


Once school hits again in the fall, we're done with family and traveling, and have gotten all settled in, I'm looking forward to waking up every morning, writing up a new blog article, and relaxing a bit.  Nah, who am I kidding?  My life is whirlwind on the calmest of days, and I wouldn't know how to live any other way!  Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne!!! I like your pictures. You are looking very good. I am also a coffee lover. I prefer kopi luwak coffee. It is so thick in taste and healthy.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy time! Glad to hear that everything is slowing down a bit!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...