Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

Product Review- Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel Review



Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel Review


From the Brand:  Our Best Selling Daily Cleanser. This non-foaming, gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day’s make-up, dirt and oil without drying the skin. Papaya and Grapefruit Extracts are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help prevent dulling build-up that can cause blackheads and pimples.


Retails for:  $12.00 for 1 oz


Where to Buy:  Mariobadescu.com, Ulta stores


My Thoughts:  If you have sensitive skin and want a product that you can use daily to help keep your pores clear and the surface of your skin gently exfoliated without harsh chemicals or scratchy exfoliants, this is a great option for you!  It uses very mild alpha hydroxyl acids to exfoliate the skin gently enough to use not only daily but twice a day.  The slightly shimmery green liquid face wash is non-foaming and smells like a fresh garden.  I love to just spread it over my face and inhale deeply.  It releases some sort of zen-like state at the end of my day, and I can close my eyes and just relax for a few moments while it does it’s thing.

Since it’s a non-foaming face cleanser, I love using it on my Clairsonic Mia face brush to really deeply exfoliate and cleanse my pores.  I hate using a foaming face wash with spinning or vibrating or whatever brushes.  I’m always afraid it’s going to fling some little sud into my eye and I’ll end up blind.  But this works perfectly with no mess and no worries.

I used this every single day for about a month, and then I noticed that my skin in my t-zone was getting super dried out and flakey.  I assumed I’d been loading up on the acne products like tea tree oil and salicylic acid, but there was a sneaking suspicion that it was the cleanser instead.  So, I stopped using this cleanser for the past week, and those dry patches have gone away.  The weather has also gotten much colder and drier, and we’ve been running the heat in the house the past month as well.  I think that the combination of everything was just too much for my face to handle, so I’ll be backing off on this and using it only a few times a week for right now to see how that goes.  The brush is exfoliating enough on its own that a daily acid wash shouldn’t be too necessary during the winter.



Final Verdict:  Delicious scent, pore-clearing, gentle on sensitive skin.  To be used with discretion as it may cause overdrying if used too frequently during the drier months.


**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...