Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Product Review- Tarte Gifted Mascara

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara Review



Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara Review


From the Brand:
An Amazonian clay smart mascara that instinctively treats your unique lash concerns- working overtime to keep lashes hydrated, intact, healthier, and stronger, while delivering the appearance of voluminous lashes.

Product Performance: The Amazonian clay makes this the first and only “smart” mascara that intuitively finds and treats your unique lash concerns, delivering the benefits you need and volume you desire. The Amazonian clay instinctively lengthens, conditions, repairs and replenishes dry and brittle lashes. This mascara works overtime to keep lashes intact, healthier, and stronger by preventing lash loss and promoting lash health.

Powered By: Amazonian clay: balances, nourishes, hydrates, replenishes and repairs to promote healthy, more voluminous lashes and while preventing lash loss

Rice wax: natural wax that helps lengthen lashes

Retails for:  $19.00


Where to Buy:  Sephora.com and Sephora stores, Ulta.com and Ulta stores, Tartecosmetics.com, QVC.com


My Thoughts:  Every time I try a new mascara, I feel like I fall in love with, and it’s suddenly the best thing since sliced bread.  That’s all I use for the next few weeks or so until it’s time to test-drive another one, and the last is left half-used and forgotten in a box on the bathroom counter.  Very few stand up to the test and are used still months down the road.  This however, is one of them.


I adore the brush head on this mascara.  Very similar to their Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara, the wand on this one is full of short densely packed bristles that grip the eyelashes and coat it evenly from root to tip for full lush lashes in fewer strokes.  The formula is thick and deeply black for a volumized look.  It’s more matte than patent, so it doesn’t have a wet look, which I prefer in a mascara.  It dries a bit stiff, but when I put it on immediately after curling my lashes, this stiffness does help hold the curl in my eyelashes pretty darn well.  However, I don’t find that it flakes, dries out my lashes, or is hard to remove.

But also like Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara, I do like to use this as a base under another formula for maximum effect.  Mostly, I use it with Buxom Lash or Benefit They’re Real! Mascara.  (I guess I have a thing for mascaras with exclamation points in the name.)  Tarte Gifted Mascara is great for the volume and some definition, but it does lack a bit in the lengthening and high defining category.



Final Verdict:  Another love of mine from the Tarte line, and a definite BUY if you get the opportunity.


**Disclaimer: This article contains referral links.  As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...