Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Product Review- Pixi Lash Booster Mascara

Pixi Lash Booster Mascara Review








Pixi Lash Booster Mascara Review


From the Brand: 
What it is formulated to do:
This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a "push-up" effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula ensures that lashes are coated with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full colour. The cone-shaped brush coats each lash evenly for the ultimate smudge-free, waterproof lash and eye definition. Available in intense eye-opening shades, including the revolutionary "blackest blue" that awakens the eyes and makes the whites of the eyes appear whiter.

Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
  • Vitamin E nourishes skin Carnauba wax is naturally emollient
  • Microcrystalline wax nourishes and ensures easy application
  • Simethicone provides a smooth glide


Retails for:  $17.00


Where to Buy: Select Target stores, online at Pixibeauty.com


My Thoughts:  As much as I love the rest of the Pixi line, I have to say that I really don't like this mascara at all.  I wouldn't go so far as to say hate, but it comes close.  I wore this a few different times, and the mascara just got all mushy and smudgy so quickly I couldn't wait to take it off.  I thought maybe it was the humidity when I initially tried it over the summer, so I also did a test run where I didn't leave the house all day and stayed in the air conditioning.  Same results.  It quickly turned from ok to crappy within an hour.  I've never had a mascara melt off my eyelashes like that.

I've since tried it again on cooler drier days in the fall with the same results.  I'm hoping that this little trial size that came with a monthly beauty subscription box (I'm pretty sure it as an IPSY bag) was just a dud and had gone bad or something.  Although, it didn't look bad or smell bad.  It was almost as bad as my experience with the mark. Scandalash mascara I tried last spring.  You can read about that train wreck here.

Even if it was a bad tube, I'm a little leery of buying a full size for full price to try it again.  The wand itself did a decent job of giving me some volume and separation, and for the first hour or so my lashes looked really good.  If I get another one somewhere down the line, I'll be happy to give it another go.  This tube though however just ruined the idea of it for me.


Final Verdict:  Needless to say, this wasn't a favorite of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...