Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

May Glossybox Review

May 2013 Glossybox contents


Here's what I received in my May GLOSSYBOX

Etre Belle Collagen And Aloe Vera Hydro Mask-  I haven't used this yet, but I'm planning on doing it some time soon.  It looks nice, and I usually have good luck with the kinds of masks like these.  It's a serum soaked into a cloth "mask" that you lay on your skin, and the serum absorbs into your skin.  A box of ten is only $39.50, much cheaper than the spa!  Broken down that's only $3.95 per use, just under double what you'd pay for the individual sale packets of the brand I usually buy from Target.  We'll see if they hold up!

Nicka K New York Absolute! Perfume Stick-  This stuff smells amazing!  A very sweet summery type fragrance with just a hint of floral undertones and the ease of a stick.  Will make packing for a vacation super easy, because you don't have to worry about the bottle breaking.  Plus, solid perfumes last longer since the alcohols in liquid that carry the fragrance evaporate more quickly.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a full size, and it retails for only $14.99!

Xtreme Lashes Glide Liner Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Pearl plus Sharpener- (Value $29 for liner, $3 for sharpener)  Being a lash extensions professional myself, I was really excited to see this in my box this month.  The value of this product alone makes the $21 I paid for the whole box worth it.  The color is called Black Pearl, but it's more of a deep purple with blue undertones.  It says "the look of a liquid liner, with the ease of a pencil", and it lives up to the claim.  It glides on so smoothly and very deeply pigmented.  The brand is made for people who wear eyelash extensions, so the formula won't interfere with the lash glue, and you don't need a harsh eye makeup remover to take it off (which can also interfere with the lash glue.)

Sebastian Volupt Spray Volume Building Spray Gel- I don't think I'll ever use this on myself, since I'm not a fan of gel to begin with, but it's a nice travel size that I can throw into my hair kit if I need some time.  Most likely though, it'll end up in a swap or just collecting dust.  I'd have preferred a mouse or hairspray, or even a shine serum.  There was a coupon for a free Shaper or Shaper Plus with $15 Sebastian purchase at Ulta, valid only until June 5th.  Considering I didn't get my box until the last week of May, I'm kind of annoyed.



European Wax Center Slow It Body Wash and The Exfoliate Sample Packets-  More samples that will end up in a swap somewhere probably.  I might try the exfoliate, since a single use is ok for a body product.  But the body wash isn't going to really influence my hair growth with a quarter size sample.  Definitely not enough to convince me to buy.  There was a coupon for a free wax at one of their participating locations, but the closest one is an hour away from me.  Maybe for my next bikini wax, if I'm already in the area.  Otherwise, I'll stick to the salon a mile from my house.

Epionce Intense Defense Serum-  Too pricey for me to buy full size at $136 for 30 ML, but it did feel really nice on my skin.  It absorbed quickly with no residue, and it felt very silky.


Get Your GLOSSYBOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...