Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Product Review- L'Oreal Power Volume 24 Hour Black Smoke Mascara

L'Oreal Power Volume Black Smoke Mascara Product Review

L'Oreal Power Volume Black Smoke Mascara Product Review
The perfect mascara wand head!

 

 

From the Brand: Voluminous® Power Volume 24H Mascara has a formula with collagen spheres and a mega brush that gives lashes 15X more impact and 24 hours of volume for fuller-looking, plumped up lashes. Clump-free. Flake-free. Smudge-free. Frangance-free. Ophthalmologist-tested and allergy-tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. 

 

Retails for: $7.95


Where to Buy: Lorealparisusa.com, Ulta.com and Ulta stores, Everywhere drugstore cosmetics are sold


My Thoughts:  This is definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever owned.  Hands down.  It gives my lashes a full, lush look with just one coat, or I can use two coats for even more drama.  I haven't tried to wear it for 24 hours (that's just crazy!), but it does last from morning to midnight very well with no flaking or smudging.  I use the color Blackest Black, and I haven't tried the other colors. 

 

I really like the wand on this mascara. I'm very particular about how they should be shaped and how big they should be to reach my lashes without overwhelming my eyes.  This one fills both need (let's be honest here and call them eccentricities) perfectly.  The bristles are dense enough to one another to grip my thin lashes on both sides and coat them evenly, without clumping them together.  The formula of the mascara is also nice and thick, so it only takes one coat to see noticeable volume.  It dries quickly but not stiff, and it doesn't flake or smudge.  So far I haven't found it in a waterproof formula, but it's humidity resistant at least.

 

 

Final Verdict:  LOVE IT!  Totally recommend this mascara to anyone looking for lots of plush volume at a great price!

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree!! I wrote a review on this on my blog as well, and I absolutely love it! I bought it on a whim at Target (it was on sale for less than $3!) and got the waterproof formula. It's a really fantastic, DARK black mascara that I will be repurchasing. If you can find the waterproof formula, it's wonderful! Thanks for the great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...