Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Product Review- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse



I think just about every thing Tarte makes these days is made with Amazonian clay.  Or maracuja oil.  Still not sure what makes these ingredients the bomb diggity (yes, I just said bomb diggity.  I just turned 30 on Saturday, and I'm rebelling by reverting back to 90s lingo from my teenage years.)  Whatever makes them so awesome, they must work, because I think I'm in love with everything that I try from the Tarte Cosmetics line of makeup.

Their new (or at the very least new to me) emphasEYES Waterproof Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse is no exception.

From the company:
Amazonian clay-infused brow mousse with a shape shifter double ended bamboo brow brush.
Product Performance: For brows that WOW, trust Amazonian clay brow mousse to take the guesswork out of achieving arch perfection. Fill them in nicely without looking fake. This light, airy consistency allows the product to naturally glide onto brows, fill in and blend seamlessly so there’s never any harsh lines or waxy build up. The FREE shape shifter double-ended bamboo brow brush allows for a precise application every time so it’s practically impossible to mess up the application.
Powered By: Amazonian clay: Amazonian clay minimizes oil around the hair follicle to balance skin and keep pigment in place. Dry skin? This nourishing clay hydrates skin naturally to restore moisture so product does not flake or transfer

My Take: At first I was a little like brow "mousse"?  When you open the little glass jar, it looks more like gel eyeliner than a mousse, and it comes with an angled brush that looks a lot like an angled eyeliner brush.  It's a bit thicker and stiffer and works perfectly for the brows, though.  I got the medium brown, and it was a beautiful warm toned brown that looks great with my red hair.  It's only available in three colors, and I would love to get the other two and add them to my makeup kit for work.  This stuff really stays put, but it hasn't been super hot or humid yet, so it's still got to be "tested" a bit more. Just a tiny bit goes a really long way, and I can see this lasting forever so long as it doesn't dry out first.

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...