Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Product Review- Revlon Lash Potion Mascara

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review
Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Potion Mascara Ad

 

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review 

 

From the Brand:    A potion by Grow Luscious Volume + Length Mascara with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume. Triple-groove wand combs through for clump-free length.

Retails for:   $7.99

Where to Buy:    Ulta Stores, Ulta.com, Walgreens, CVS, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, Wherever Drugstore brands are sold.

My Thoughts:   I've seen ads for this mascara all over the place since spring, and when I was shopping my huge Ulta haul back in March I picked this up to see if it would live up to its claims.  I've used the other Grow Luscious mascaras in the past and felt they were decent for a drugstore brand.  This one was different in that the want looked more like the style I prefer, and it isn't claiming to really make the lashes grow- just strengthens them for less breakage.

The wand shape is really what sold me on this mascara as a whole.  I'm not a fan of the traditional tapered spoolie style wands.  I just don't feel that they grip the sides of the lashes for maximum coverage.  This has three sets of longer bristles alternating three sets of shorter bristles to grab the longer and the shorter lashes and coat them evenly.  To me, this gives the lashes a more even covering of the mascara itself over every single lash.

The formula itself is also a deeply pigmented black with thick enough molecules that even with one coat you are getting a generous amount of volume.  But when you layer it, it doesn't clump.  Again, I feel like it goes back to the shape of the wand and the alternating bristle lengths that helps achieve this even coverage.

I had a non-waterproof version of the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara, and it lasted nicely throughout the day without flaking or smudging, even in high humidity in August in Virginia.  By the end of the day, it didn't fade or start to clump up, and it was very easy to remove without tugging on my lashes.  *Note: I use coconut oil to remove my mascara, not a makeup remover sheet like a lot of people or a liquid soaked cotton round.  After several days of use in a row, I didn't notice any less breakage or dryness to my lashes, so I can only assume that it's strengthening in comparison to non-damaging.  Whether over time the mascara would impact how strong my lashes would become, I'll probably never know since I change my mascara like I change my underwear- every day it's something new!

Final Verdict: Great drugstore mascara for volume without clumping!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...