Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Product Review- MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer

MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer Review
MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer Review

MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer Review

 

MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer Review 

 

From the Brand:    A luxuriously blendable moisturizing concealer in a tube with built-in brush-tipped wand applicator. Goes on exactly where you want it: blends in for a natural satin-smooth ultra-moisturized finish. Layers up for added coverage. Line-softening, skin-perfecting: The Pros' 'select' for under-eyes and delicate skin. Wide shade range provides soft, natural camouflage.
  • Winner of Allure magazines 'Best of Beauty Reader's Choice' award for Best Department Concealer, 2012.

Retails for:   $18.00

Where to Buy:   MAC boutique stores, MAC cosmetics counters, Maccosmetics.com

My Thoughts:   I first saw this concealer being used by the Pixiwoo sisters on YouTube (you should totally check them out btw.  They are my absolute favorite channel to watch!)  It looked absolutely creamy and with great coverage, so when I decided to purchase my first set of complexion products from MAC this past spring, this was the concealer I bought.  I think it's definitely lived up to my expectations.  First, I love that it goes by the same numbering system that the rest of the complexion products do for MAC.  No names of shades, just numbers.   It makes it super easy to get the correct concealer to go with your foundation color, and to make adjustments for going darker or lighter if you want to use them to highlight or contour. 

The consistency of the MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer is very creamy.  I find it very hydrating as well, which makes it perfect for going right under my eyes without drying them out or creasing.  It is slightly thinner in consistency than most under eye concealers, so you may want to either layer it over your foundation or under the foundation for extra coverage if you have very dark circles.  However, it does do a good job covering them on its own.

It comes in a little tube that easy to carry.  Not too large that it's awkward, but you get a good amount of product for the price.  It is a prestige brand, so you aren't going to get the same "value" of price per ounces as a drugstore brand, but the quality of the product makes it worth the price tag.  It has a doe foot applicator for easy application under the eyes and around the nose, but I wouldn't recommend using it to dot the concealer over your breakouts.  This can transfer bacteria onto the applicator and back into the tube to contaminate the rest of your makeup.  Which will lead to future breakouts!

It's not the most long wearing concealer I've ever used, but it does do a great job for a decent number of hours.  I'd say that most people can get about 6 hours of solid wear from this concealer, and then you may need to touch it up.  But it will also depend on whether you are using it under a long wear foundation and setting it with a powder as to how it will hold up past those 6 hours.

Final Verdict:  I think this is a definite good buy in my book.  Before purchasing any complexion products by MAC, I did a lot of research to make my decisions, and it paid off.  This concealer is great!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...