Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to Beauty Blogging

It's 10 pm at night, and I've been fiddling with my old blog for a few hours now.  I think I've finally gotten it to where I want to be, but knowing me I'll probably meddle with it some more in the coming months.  It's been a long time since I've even looked at it, considering I'd moved on from my personal makeup business to a merger of my bridal makeup side of things with a wedding hairstylist to form the company Bridal Beauty Associates.  That completely consumed the last two years of my life~ in a very good way mind you~ but now that I've made the decision to leave the world of weddings behind after a very intense five years at it, it's time to go back to my roots- makeup education.

When clients would come see me at the makeup counters, they could expect a full education on the products they were buying. Knowing the ingredients, their uses, and the very in's and out's of a product was my passion.  I loved passing that information along to my clients, because I knew that an educated buyer was more likely to continue to buy from me.  And let's face it, those makeup girls in the department stores... we LIVED on our commissions.

Even now, working with brides and their families, I get questions all the time from women asking for my favorite product recommendations.  I'll get a Facebook message from a bride I haven't spoken to in years asking for a good replacement for her Mary Kay lip scrub or a non-smudging mascara.  Even the makeup artists on my team seek me out for the nitty gritty on everything beauty under the sun.  They are all excited about heading up to New York City on April 6th for IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show), because they know I'm the kind of girl to score big and pass along the savings where I can.

But now that I've decided to make this my last year doing weddings, and I've turned over the wedding blogging duties to my business partner on the BBA blog, I'll be dedicating my efforts to bringing my readers the inside scoop on not only the best (or worst!) beauty products on today's market, but also tutorials and insider access to my life as a professional makeup artist.  (If you look back through the archives, I've deleted all the posts pertaining to my old wedding business and left just the product reviews and other general information.  From here on out, there will be general beauty related information posted.)

And because every good blog post should be accompanied by a photo, here's a recent image of me working!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...