Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Product Review- L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation

In my effort to expand my drugstore horizons, I picked up L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Health Luminous Makeup foundation at Target the other day, because I heard that it's great for dry skin.  I'm a big fan of most of L'Oreal's products, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.  I chose the color Porcelain~Light Ivory W1-2 Warm (could they make the name any longer/more complicated?), and it's a really good match for my skintone.

I've been pleasantly surprised by this product, although I don't think I'll be switching over from my prestige brands any time soon.  But when I only need to wear foundation for a few hours and don't want to "waste" my more expensive brands, this does the trick nicely.

The coverage was pretty good, but I did find it soaking into my beauty sponge quite a bit even though the sponge was damp. I was able to build up the coverage after using about 5-6 pumps of the foundation.  Keep in mind though that I'm not a huge fan of my freckles and like a heavier coverage in my makeup.  For those of you who have great skin and like a medium coverage, I think you'll love the effect this has on your skin.

This foundation didn't oxidize on my skin and darken, as some fair colors can do.  I'm a tricky color to match.  My skin is very fair, but my freckles are just enough to make it appear darker than is necessary.  I was able to guess from the bottle on the first shot and score a shade that looked great on my skin when I applied as well as a few hours later.

It felt pretty hydrating and creamy on my skin, and it left a nice glowy finish that wasn't too shimmery.  It has a good skin-like finish overall.  It did settle a bit into the pores around the sides of my nose, and cling to some of the drier patches.  But I think that if I'd exfoliated a bit better and used a different primer, that issue could be resolved.  I know I'll be reaching for this again in the future, so hopefully I'll have better feedback after more uses.

True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...