Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser

I'm not a fan of drugstore foundations or concealers.  Let me just put that out there.  Typically, I'm not a fan of blush or eyeshadow by drugstore brands either, but over the years a few have won me over.  There are some brands I know I can run to a Target and pick up something in an emergency or on vacation and get great results, and there are brands that you will NEVER find in my makeup bag or professional kit.  But every once and a while, I'll see something on so many YouTube videos that I figure that many people can't be wrong.  This is one of those times.

Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer


I watched a few videos where the artist used the concealer straight from the application to highlight in a triangle shape under the eyes, and I thought "Hmmm, not a bad idea, but that sponge must be full of germs now!"  Then I looked more into the product, and it is supposedly treated with something to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the applicator.  I decided to give it a try and have really liked the results.

I used the color "Light", and since I'm already so fair it didn't do much to lighten and brighten that area like the other YouTubers got, but it did cover my circles.  I don't think I use it on a regular enough basis to see any treatment benefits from it, but it's not a horrible buy.  My first impression was total love, but I've been using other concealers in my repertoire for videos and remembered why I love the higher end brands to begin with.  But for babes on a budget, I give it a two thumbs up!

Bonus: It's convenient to toss into my purse for touch ups later in the day, but the fact that I feel I need to touch it up is a downside.

Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...