Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Product Review- Benefit Hoola Bronzer

If there's one thing that Benefit does right (and they do a LOT of things right) it's branding for their products.  From the adorable names to the super cute packaging, they make makeup shopping fun and ultra girly.  Their Hoola bronzer is no different.  It comes in a little box with it's own brush, and even the name conjures up images of lounging on a beach- exactly what a bronzer should do!  There's even a little mirror inside the lid so you can see where you're applying.  I like that the box is cardboard, so it's relatively lightweight and "crush" resistant.

For my skin tone, it's too dark to use as an all over bronzer without looking like I was outside making mud pies with my sons, but it does work really really well as a contouring shade.  I haven't had the opportunity to use in a dark skintone to see how well it shows up, but you can find tons of video reviews on YouTube featuring women of all ethnicities.

Copyright Benefit Cosmetics. Image from the Sephora website.


It's a really nice matte finish, which I love.  Bronzers with shimmer used all over the face can come across a bit disco-ball if you're trying for "color".  So as a contour product, it's right up there with my all time favorite- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.  If it smelled like the tropics, I'd almost rate it a #1 in my book.


Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I have been eyeing this product for a while now, I really think I need to get some lol....

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I am following you now on GFC and Bloglovin.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...