Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Product Review- Lorac Pro Palette with Swatches

Lorac Pro Palette eyeshadows


I remember back when the PRO Palette Eye Shadow Palette first came out, all these people were talking about how amazing it was.  And then suddenly all the hype died off and there wasn't much about it anymore.  It took me a few months to get the palette and then another few months before I started to use it, but I'm so glad I finally tried it out.  It's quickly become a staple in my boudoir kit for its versatility.  (Major bonus, it comes with a little travel size of their amazing eye primer, too!)

Lorac Pro Palette eyeshadow colors


The top row of shadows are all matte, and the bottom row are all shimmer shades.  I think this is genius, because you don't always want a heavy shimmery eye or an all matte look, and this allows you to mix it up with both the lighter neutral shades and the darker shades.  You can create almost any type of eye look with this (minus something colorful of course).

Lorac Pro Palette eyeshadow matte shades


Here are swatches of the colors on my forearm, which by me being super pale is almost like seeing them on white!  So go pale for once.  I guess it's helpful sometimes, lol.  Top row are the mattes: White, Cream, Taupe, Light Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, and Black.

My only complaint is that cream is actually a little on the pink side rather than a real "flesh" tone, so it's hard to do a true nude contoured eye for us pale girls.  And Light Pink is a little more on the bubblegum end of the scale.  I'd like to see a flesh tone closer to MAC's Orb.  I have Orb so I can always use that, but that requires carrying another palette of shadows, which defeats the purpose of having such a versatile palette already together for me.

Sable is a really pretty shade in my brows, since it's a very warm reddish brown.  It's super pigmented, so just a tiny touch of it is plenty.  And I absolutely adore that they put the black as one of the mattes.  That makes it so versatile for deepening a lashline or a crease without adding shimmer!  Yay Lorac!

Here are the swatches of the bottom row, the shimmers: Nude, Champagne, Gold, Light Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, and Slate.

Lorac Pro Palette eyeshadow shimmer shades



I don't think there's a single color on this row that I'm not completely in love with.  Champagne is so drool worthy, and Slate is so nice for brightening up the eyes while still going smokey.  The bluish tones to it make the whites of your eyes look whiter.

Have you tried the PRO Palette Eye Shadow & Mini Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer?  What's your favorite color?  Leave me some feedback below!  And if you have done a video or blog post about this product, feel free to share your link with everyone!

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...