Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Product Reivew- Benefit Flawless Face Routine

Benefit Flawless foundation powder and concealer

When I know I need to look good and it has to last all day, I reach right for my Benefit flawless face routine.  The Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation, Hello Flawless Custom Cover-Up, and their newest concealer Fakeup.  I love how the foundation glides over my skin and gives me buildable coverage.  The silicone base also means it will last all day.  This was the first product in this little trio of makeup magic that I tried, and I was instantly hooked. I first talked about it in my March Favorites post and video, and although I've spent the better part of a month trying a myriad of other foundation brands, this one still stands near the top of my list.

Benefit hello flawless foundation powder and fake up concealer swatches
Swatches of the foundation, powder, and concealer. They look a tad orangey and dark on the back of my hand, but they look much better and more natural on my actual face.  My hand is a lot paler than my face most of the time.


Then when I went on my first Ulta Makeup Haul, I bought the matching powder.  I love that they have shades that automatically coordinate.  It makes buying products that work together so much easier.  Formulas that are meant to work perfectly together and have the same shade name= goof-proof buying!  My only negative comments would be to ditch the little brush that comes in the compact.  I think it's a little useless.  A big fluffy powder brush is going to give you a much better light dusting than the flat one.  I really like the sponge for pressing some powder under the eyes to set the concealer or around my nose for extra oil absorption.

I also bought the Fake Up concealer back in March, and although at first I wasn't a huge fan I learned to love how hydrating it is under my eyes.  Still not the biggest fan for it in other areas of my face, so I use a drier concealer still to cover blemishes.  (Blemishes and scar tissue have a different texture to their surface, and a really emollient concealer can slip right off.  Drier concealers are better for covering these.)  I've also used their Boi-ing Concealer and Erase Paste, and they really rock, too.  I use them from time to time under my eyes, but the Fake Up's moisturizing properties seem to be the best choice for my personal needs.

Not to sound like I'm typing up a huge ad for the Benefit products, but these really are some of my favorite "basic face" products I've come across.  Tomorrow I'll be filming my first flawless foundation routine video to post on Thursday, and these are the products I'll be featuring.

From the brand:

Foundation-
Hello...it's flawless time! Our new oil-free brightening liquid foundation builds from light to medium coverage for a natural complexion you can believe in. It's you...just more luminous & healthy looking.

Find your flawless match with the hello flawless oxygen wow shade guide in Beauty School.

 WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
  • broad-spectrum SPF 25 PA+++ protection**
  • oil-free formula
  • natural finish
  • hydrating benefits
  • light-diffusing properties
  •  available in 9 shades
Powder-

Why we love it!

Say "hello" to flawless NEW packaging! Now in an improved magnetic-close compact, this famous powder cover-up glides on naturally sheer and layers beautifully for customized coverage. Perfect for any skin type, the silky formula comes with a newly designed brush AND a sponge for any degree of coverage you desire.

 Concealer-

Why we love it!

Cover-up goes incognito! This hydrating crease-control concealer - with Vitamin E & apple seed extract - hides dark circles & diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, it’s proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!* *Instrumental test
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Results too good to conceal!
  • 100% said fakeup hydrates skin*
  • 100% said fakeup feels comfortable on skin*
  • 100% said the texture feels silky*
  • 94% said the effect is long-lasting*
  • 94% said fakeup doesn’t run*
  • 97% said the formula is lightweight*
  • 91% said fakeup conceals dark circles*
  • 91% saw a natural appearance*
  • 97% said the packaging makes it easy to use*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey. See fakeup in action NOW!

What do you think of Benefit's products?  Have you tried any of these items?  Do you love them as much as I do?

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...