Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Product Review- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Review


It's day two of The Makeup Show in NYC, and I should be boarding a bus to come home from there, but at the last minute last night I decided that I wasn't going to attend.  Almost all of the brands exhibiting this year are brands I already get my professional discount through, and the extra 5-10% off that they're offering for show attendees over that doesn't compensate for the cost of me having to travel from Virginia to New York City.  It's days like this that I really wish I lived closer to the city.  But then again I think about how much I'd probably be spending at the show on things that I don't "need" right now, and I'm pretty sure that if my checkbook had arms it would hug me.

So instead I've got a makeup review for you on the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup rather than a ton of Instagram photos of makeup I'm either buying or wishing I could buy.

From the brand:

Coverage without compromise. Our weightless formula blurs imperfections for a flawless finish that feels invisible, but looks professionally retouched.

Whoever said 'you can't have the best of both worlds' never tried Naked Skin. Not only does our new light-as-air foundation give you the buildable coverage you desire – it also looks and feels like you're wearing absolutely nothing. Naked Skin uses light-diffusing spheres to 'blur' imperfections for a luminous, demi-matte finish that feels invisible but looks professionally retouched. Naked Skin is oil-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, and loaded with nourishing ingredients.

My take:

I think I'm in love.  Like serious heart-palpitating love.  Several months ago I was introduced to this foundation through a colleague of mine.  She'd purchased the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation and the coordinating foundation brush, and every time I saw her her skin looked amazing and she'd rave about how great the foundation was.  It took me a long while, but I finally purchased some of the Naked Skin foundation in March during my Ulta haul.  I didn't get the brush, but I found that using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush gives me a really beautiful flawless coverage.  The brushes look really similar, and unless someone from Urban Decay happens to read my little ol' blog and sends me one to do a side by side comparison, I'll probably be sticking with the Real Techniques brush.  I'd rather spend my dollars right now on products rather than brushes when I can find those from wholesale outlets for pros.



Obviously with my epically pale skin and a flash this close, it's pretty much white out city, but you can still see the edge of the makeup just a bit.

No flash, natural sunlight.  You can see how perfectly it blends with my actual skin.

 

This is the first foundation I can honestly say matches my skin exactly perfectly in EVERY light.  I took some photos in front of the window the other day of a swatch on the back of my hand with both natural sunlight as well as with the flash from the camera.  The foundation blends so well with my skin that there's no difference!  I was really amazed.  I mean, I knew how great it looked on my skin and how great it made my skin look, but seeing the evidence in the side by side photos on my computer, I was really able to see up close just how great it is.

The formula is really thin, almost runny.  I was worried that the coverage wouldn't be that great, being marketed as a "naked skin" kind of finish and being so thin in consistency.  But the foundation itself is really pigmented, and it does provide a very natural looking buildable coverage.  I watched the video on their YouTube channel demonstrating how to apply it, and it was really informative.  I also love how their coloring system works.  It's pretty much idiot-proof.  Colors ending in a 0 are neautral/warm and colors ending in a 5 are cool.  Since I'm so darn fair, I got the level 1.0, and it's perfect.

Overall, I'd highly recommend purchasing the Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup!  

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Really want to try this one! Thanks for the wonderful review. :)
    Have to get my hands on it ha!
    xo,
    Marija

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't need more foundations but I have to get a sample at Sephora now. Sounds so tempting!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...