Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Makeup Trend- Turqouise Liner

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Turquoise. Copyright Stila Cosmetics


It seems like everywhere you look, the makeup companies are adding some pop of teal or turquoise to their spring and summer makeup collections.  You'd think that turquoise was the Pantone "Color of the Year" instead of emerald!

Not that I can complain much though.  I'm a huge fan of the color turquoise, and it typically makes its way into my summer makeup routine every year anyway.  I'm excited to see all the new products to try this year.  Here are my top picks for ways to add this pop of summery blue color to your makeup in the steamy months ahead.

Powder:

Eyeshadows aren't limited to use on the eyelid for color.  You can dampen your brush in some water or for longer wear into some Graftobian Magic Set, load up the brush with the powder shadow, and use it to create a liquid liner look.  Or, you can pat it over pencil eyeliner for a more subtle wash of color.  One of my favorite multi-dimensional tricks is to line the eyes with black or deep matte brown eyeliner pencil then take an angled liner brush and press a bright eyeshadow color over top.  It adds color and depth to the lashline and looks amazing.  You can also start with a turquoise eyeliner and set it for longer wear with a matching turquoise eyeshadow shade.

Graftobian Magic Set. Copyright Graftobian Cosmetics.


I'm totally loving the new Limited Edition Resort Palette by Sigma.  The color Neela is the perfect turquoise eyeshadow for summer.  I've seen videos of it all over YouTube, and I really want to get my hands on it.  The eyeshadow is available now for individual purchase, or you can get the set which also includes a turquoise eyeliner pencil!  I wish I could show you a photo of it, but I don't have it yet and can't pull a photo from the website.  I suggest you check it out for yourself. :)

Liquid:

Back at IBS last month, I got a couple of new eyeliners from Stila, and one of them was this gorgeous turquoise liquid eyeliner- Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Turquoise.  I wore it the other day for an outing with the family, and I got a ton of compliments.  It lasted perfectly all day long and didn't smudge once.  At the end of the night when I went to take it off, it had actually stained my eyelid just a bit, and I had to use some extra eye makeup remover to take it all off.

Pencil:

I've been a huge fan of Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil for years (although my favorite colors of all time still remain Bourbon and Underground), and their shade Deep End is so gorgeous I can't stand it!  I think it will be my next purchase from the cult brand, as everything they make is insanely pigmented and super long wearing.  (Side note: Did you know that they have released their previously limited edition colors for purchase all the time now?!  They now have 40 different shades to make your heart race.  Ahhh... can  you tell how much I love love love these liners?!)

Try pairing turquoise eyeliner with a nude or neutral colored eye to start before building up to a more intense look if you're a newbie.  I like a soft pale gold on my lids with some bronze in the crease and a sharp crisp turquoise liner like the one in my look below.  When I want more drama, I do bronze on the lid (the color Amber Lights by MAC is amaze-balls!), a chocolate matte color in the crease, and pack on the turquoise eyeshadow in the outer V.  I use a pencil to draw it in, then pat powder eyeshadow over the top.  Then, it's dark bronzey brown eyeliner on the top line (Try Bourbon by Urban Decay or Lionfish by Stila) and the turquoise eyeliner on the bottom lashline to pull it all together.  I keep it a matte bone/flesh color above my crease so that it's not too overwhelming for day wear.

turquoise liquid eyeliner
I'm wearing the Stila liquid liner here.


What do you think of the turquoise eyeliner trend for the spring/summer?  Will you be sporting it this year?  What are your favorite turquoise eyeliners?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...