Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

April Glossybox Review

I have to admit, I was a tiny bit let down in April with my Glossybox.  Not that the products weren't good ones, but most just weren't products that I could see myself using.  My March box was way more impressive, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.  (The boxes are so sturdy and great for organizing my makeup collection, too!)  It's almost time for my May Glossybox to arrive, I know, and I apologize that this post is so late in coming.  I totally spaced and didn't realize until now that I hadn't done my review yet.

Here's a breakdown on what I got for the month of April in my Glossybox subscription:

#1: Wash with Joe shower gel in Coffeemint- It's a nice little travel size, and the scent isn't too overpowering, so overall this is a good sample this month.  It's not girly either, so I can have my husband use it in his travel bathroom kit for vacations.

#2: Tigi Glow Blush in Brilliance-  It's a baked blush, and the texture is very velvety.  There isn't too much color payoff when I swipe it with my finger, but I haven't tried it with a brush on my face yet.  It's sitting in my "to be tested" box on my bathroom counter right now.  I'll do a follow up post on this blush once I've had time to really review it.

#3: Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist-  I used this the other day right out of the shower on towel-dried hair.  I spritzed it liberally then pulled it all up into a french braid and left it for most of the day.  I was left with gorgeous beachy waves, just in time for bed.  I haven't used it for immediate styling, but the waves did stay for a few days until my next shampoo, and the scent is nice.  Most testing required for a real verdict!

#4: The Honest Co Lip Balm in Sweet Orange Vanilla-  This smells amazing.  The texture is not too waxy, which I find can be a problem with a lot of organic lipbalms that are based with beeswax.  This one actually lists sunflower seed oil as its first ingredient, and it helps it stay very emollient and gives it good slip.

#5: Bulgari Tea Bag for Bath-I think this where I started to get a bit of disappointment.  It's a one time use sample, and those really bug me.  If I'm going to buy a fragrance, I need to wear it a few times to really see how the scent suits me.  I much prefer the little sample vials with a spritzer.  I'm sure I'll never take this out of the foil, as a tea bag for the bath sounds cool... but when I'm in the bathtub I've got bath bombs or oils in there to soften my skin.  Unless I step out looking like I belong in a fragrance ad for Bulgari, I don't want there products in my bathwater.  I'm there to get soft clean skin, not smell like a French whorehouse.  Just my $.02.

#6: Le Metier De Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution Sample (not pictured)- Another single use packet.  And to top it off, it's for a ridiculously expensive product.  Yes, I know I'm only paying $20 a month for the subscription.  They need to budget the per use, and this stuff is $225 per bottle, so a single use technically has a lot of "value" to it.  However, a single use of a skincare product is not nearly enough to convince me to spend that kind of money.  Even if it's attached to a card with a code for $75 off.  $150 is still way too much when I don't know what kind of results it's going to give me.

Compared with the subscription boxes I got for Ipsy and Beautybox5 in April, I don't really have a clear favorite.  They were all just pretty much ok for me. There weren't any stand out products, although the blush from the Ipsy bag was very pretty and well reviewed by a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube.  I think if I'm going purely on value, the Ipsy bag was the best this month, since there were two full size products, and it's only $10 a month.  Glossybox still trumps everyone though on per use value if you take into account the skincare sample and coupon, and the number of items you receive.  Which box do you prefer this month?

Ipsy

BeautyBox5
Love the Glossybox?  Get your own subscription!  Don't forget to check them out in the sponsors list on my sidebar, or click the ad below to get started!


Get Your GLOSSYBOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...