Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wizard of Oz Photoshoot

So I turned 30 last week, and I got to spend the morning doing two of the things in my life that make me the happiest- spending time with my husband and being creative on a photoshoot!  Jacob got to come with me for once and got a glimpse into what I do on set, and he actually ended up being such an amazing help everyone was commenting what a lucky gal I am!

The theme of he shoot was Wizard of Oz, one of my favorite movies of all time.  That moment when the screen changes to a world of color gets me every time.  I can only imagine the magic and wonder of the viewers all those years ago seeing it for the first time in a theater. 

Here's a sneak peek at one of the shots the photographer sent to the cast and crew, and I can't wait to see the rest.  She says it will probably take her a few months to get through the edits, and I'll be sitting on pins and needles until then.

Photo by Traci Books Photography


The shoot wasn't styled to be a literal interpretation of the movie, but more of an inspired look.  Glinda wore a giant white tulle wedding dress, and the Wicked Witch wore a tulle skirt and leather bustier!  I loved the glittery red ballet slippers worn by Dorothy, a ballet dancer who modeled the look for us.  My overall favorite though was my Lion.  Not only did the model entertain us during the getting ready process but her look was my favorite to do.  I got to get a bit more creative and go outside the lines a bit.  I tend to favor a more "pretty" look for even the creative projects rather than the real avant garde looks, so most of the time I'm not going to go too crazy on shoots.

What do you guys think?  Who's your favorite character from the Wizard of Oz?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...