Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Product Review- Eve Pearl Concealer Trio

Eve Pearl Concealer Trio Review





Eve Pearl Concealer Trio

From the Brand:   
This luxurious, lightweight cream provides the most versatile sheer - medium - full coverage with a non-greasy texture that glides on the under eyes area or face, while allowing your skin to breathe. It blends into the skin and the universal spectrum of color in the pigments adapt to the skin tone and the changes caused by body chemistry, weather and sun exposure. Ideal for use when flawless precision is required with High Definition Cameras, Lights and REAL LIFE...for all ages.
For all skin types, especially sensitive skin.  No more blotchy skin. No more redness!!

Retails for:   $49.00-$52.00

Where to Buy:   EvePearl.com, CameraReadyCosmetics.com, Amazon.com

My Thoughts:   This has honestly got to be one of my Holy Grail kind of cosmetics item.  For someone who attends the makeup shows in New York faithfully for the past five years and trolls the makeup world forums for information on the best products, this has been recommended over and over and over again with good reason!  I actually read Eve Pearl's book "Plastic Surgery Without the Surgery: The Miracle of Makeup Techniques" back when I was working at the Prescriptives counter at Dillards just after my oldest had been born.  It wasn't until a few years later attending the Makeup Show NYC that I got to hear her speak in person and try out her cosmetics line.  She is who convinced me that conventional makeup wisdom that using a yellow tinted concealer under your eyes or a pink tinted concealer even was not the proper way to cover dark circles.  Peach (or salmon as she refers to it) is the proper way to neutralize the blue shadows under your eyes and cover without having to pile on the makeup.

I purchased the concealer Trio "A" while at said makeup show about four years ago.  It has done wonders for me!  Not only does it counteract the blue tint under my eyes and that of my clients, there are two shades of concealer for blending around the rest of the face.  It's a pretty universal palette for the fair to medium shade skin tones, which is the primary clientele I seem to work on most in my professional life, and of course it fits me perfectly as well.  Even though the salmon color looks really dark, even with my fair skin once I put it under my eyes the circles are immediately gone!  I apply it under my foundation so that it does match a bit better, but I'm using a sponge (like the one from Qosmedix.com) to stipple it over the top for a really seamless coverage.

You can see in the photo just how much use I get out of it, and it got a little hot when I was trying to photograph it and melted a bit.  I've also dropped it a few times, and eventually the lid snapped off.  I think I've gone through 3-4 of these over the years, picking up a new one at the makeup shows every time I'm there.

The formulation of these is super creamy, so make sure you use it sparingly.  I pat some on under the eyes and give it a few minutes to warm up with the heat of the body.  This will cause a bit of slip, so I then rework it over the skin with either a sponge, my fingertips, or a fluffy brush like the Real Techniques Setting Brush to give it the perfect thin layer, and then use a single ply tissue or toilet paper square to blot off excess oils and set it into the skin.  Then, top with foundation of your choice or powder.

Final Verdict:  Holy Grail product for sure.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...