Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Product Review- L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara
L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara Review

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

 

L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Blast Mascara Review 

 

From the Brand:   

Step 1: The Lash Boosting Primer is serum-infused to boost lash condition. It contains a pro-keratin complex that fortifies lashes and maximizes their appearance.
Step 2: The Ultra-Lengthening Mascara Topcoat coats and lengthens lashes instantly, for up to 80% longer, clump-free fringe.
For boosted results, use the mascara daily with Concentrated Lash Boosting Serum.

Retails for:   $11.99

Where to Buy:    Ulta Stores, Ulta.com, Walgreens, CVS, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, Wherever Drugstore brands are sold.

My Thoughts:   I think this is a good idea in concept. For me, this execution falls a bit flat, and the error lays with the application wands for both the pre-mascara eyelash primer and the mascara itself.  The formula for both are pretty good, although I prefer the primer over the mascara.  The mascara wand heads are just a tad too generic to give me the kind of separation and volume I'm looking for in a mascara.  And they definitely don't do it any favors in the lengthening department.  When you're going to call your mascara Double Extend, it had better really extend and lengthen your eyelashes!

The primer doesn't contain any fibers to attach to the ends of the eyelashes and add physical length like you seen a lot of modern lengthening mascaras.  The brush should also really define them and elongate the look of the lash by depositing the majority of the mascara on the base and evenly coating the rest up the lash to a well defined tip.  The formula of the primer is good, and I do like to apply it with a clean mascara wand from the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara for the perfectly prepped lashes if I'm not using another formula of mascara itself to prep.  I do like mascara primers like this one though, because they are made to be right up along the lashes and strengthen and hydrate them with their ingredients.  The key is to let the primer coat dry completely, comb it with a metal lash comb for definition, and then apply the mascara for the best effect.

Final Verdict:  Convenient if you don't want to have to tote two different tubes of product around with you, but if you're going to be applying two steps anyway, I'd invest in a primer with fibers or layer two mascaras that will give you the effect you crave.  On a scale of 1-10, this one hits only at about a 5.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...