Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Product Review- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

Tarte Light! Camera! Lashes! Mascara Review
Tarte Light! Camera! Lashes! Mascara Review

Tarte Light! Camera! Lashes! Mascara Review

 

Tarte Light! Camera! Lashes! Mascara Review


From the Brand:   
A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes.

Product Performance: Our lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it’s dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume.

Powered By: olive esters: conditions, treats and protects lashes

Retails for:   $19.00

Where to Buy:   TarteCosmetics.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Ulta Stores, Ulta.com

My Thoughts:   Of all the products I've tried through the years by Tarte, this will probably always remain my all time favorite.  I'm pretty sure it was the first product I tried by them, and it set a pretty high precedent for the rest of their products.  Here's why:

The Wand-  This is the ultimate mascara brush head.  It's tightly packed with short bristles to get right to the base of my lashes and evenly coat both sides.  It's small enough in length that I'm not having to play twister with my lashes to avoid getting mascara on my lids and undereyes, and it's narrow enough in diameter that it doesn't block my field of vision.  It gives soft volume with just one coat and great definition with no clumping of the mascara and no clumping of the lashes together into spikey clusters.

The Formula-  It's thick enough to coat without clumping but thin enough to use as a base coat for other mascaras that are better at volumizing in a single coat.  I use this almost like a primer rather than a straight up mascara, most often applying it under my Makeup Forever Smokey Lash.  The combination of these two mascaras is a perfect One-Two punch that takes my lashes from subtle to amazing.  You can definitely build this up very easily for a really volumized look on its own, but for some reason I've always just used it as a base coat or for nice natural looking lashes in a flash.  I get too lazy to really layer layer layer the same mascara.  (Sounds weird I know when I say that I layer another mascara over it but my brain just sees it differently I suppose.)

The Packaging-  I love that it's not in just another cylinder.  It's very unique and immediately recognizable!  Not only is it a beautiful purple, but it's a textured leather with a unique shape.  When I see makeup set ups by artists, I can spot this baby out a mile away!  I'm always like "oh HEY!  I use that mascara, too!"

Side Note:  If you haven't checked out Tarte, you really should!  I honestly have almost every product they make either in full size or trial size.  I'm addicted.  If you're looking for a brand that's cruelty free, and always formulated without parabens • mineral oil • phthalates • triclosan • sodium lauryl sulfate • gluten, they're the brand for you!  If you're interested in trying out the mascara but don't want to buy a full size, they have a bunch of sets that have smaller versions, and when you sign up for an account with them you'll earn points towards freebies, including trial sizes of this mascara.  I think I end up with a trial size every time I buy something (about once a month probably) and then an additional sample.  Not sure what to get?  Check out my reviews of their Amazonian Clay Blush and their Amazonian Clay Foundations.  No, I'm not paid by them to endorse their products, nor do they send me free stuff. I have a pro discount with them, because I'm a professional makeup artist, so I've stocked up over the years to accommodate my clients with allergies and who ask that I use only cruelty free brands on their face.  I know that I can accomplish both of these with anything from Tarte while still providing amazing quality and staying power.  I do have a referral link to share with people and earn some points towards more products to review for you guys, so if you are interested, I'd be eternally grateful if you used the links in my articles.  Either way, it's a brand I highly endorse due to my years of experience using the products on both clients and myself.  (I think there's at least one product from Tarte on my face every single day!)  Ok, so now I'll just let you get back to your regularly scheduled makeup review reading....

Final Verdict:  Use alone for a soft volumized and defined look with just one swipe, or layer under another mascara for a conditioning basecoat for a "push-up bra" effect like they claim.

 

 

**Disclaimer: This article contains referral links.  As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...