Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Product Review- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review

 

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Review

 

From the Brand:   
Inspired by the on-set technique of layering a lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula, our new studio-tested mascara exposes your longest, fullest lashes. No clumps, no flakes. Just maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes.

    • 104% increase in lash volume
    • 32% increase in lash length
    • 34-degree increase in lash curl

Retails for:   $19.50

Where to Buy:   Smashbox.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Ulta Stores, Ulta.com

My Thoughts:   I have been using this mascara in my professional kit for at least the last year or so, and I'm a huge fan of it for the formula.  It seemed for a while there that every time I ordered something from their website, I was either getting a full tube as part of a collection or set or getting a trial size as a freebie.  I tested it out on my own lashes and wasn't a fan of the jumbo mascara wand head, but the formula is so awesome that when I apply it with a disposable mascara wand it's the perfect mascara for using on set or clients.

The formula is nice and thick, so it only takes a few quick swipes to build up a lot of volume and decent length.  Length I believe really comes more from the mascara wand head than the formula, unless you are using a mascara that has lengthening fibers in it which this one doesn't.  That being said, it does coat all the way to the tips with a nice amount of product to build up the ends of your lashes into a more noticeable effect.  it doesn't dry to a stiff crunchy mess, and it doesn't melt or smudge in the humidity.  I don't really notice any flaking either even after wearing it all day.  It works amazingly well to blend together false lashes with your own lashes with a single coat, although I do like to run a metal lash comb through afterwards to give them good definition.  (I'm one of those people who applies mascara after falsies.)

Since I mostly use it on eyes that have false lashes, I can't make any observations on its claim of curling, but does help lock the natural lash into the curl of the falsies nicely without a lash curler.

The only negative thing I can really say about the mascara other than the large head (the bane of my tiny eyes!) is the smell of the mascara itself.  All mascara has some kind of smell, but some are more offensive than others.  Not that I'm huffing the tube mind you, but it is strong enough that I can notice it if I open it near my face at all.  It's sort of a peppery smell.  Not enough to discourage use, but if you are sensitive to smells, it's something to be at least aware of.  I don't notice it when it's on my eyes though.

Final Verdict:  While I'm not a fan of the application I get with the included mascara wand, it's a fantastic mascara!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...