Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Product Review- TimeBalm Concealer

Time Balm Concealer Review
Time Balm Concealer Review

 

Time Balm Concealer Review

 

From the Brand:    Use this uniquely smooth anti-wrinkle concealer all day to cover dark circles and imperfections while protecting your delicate skin from environmental stresses. TimeBalm is packed with beneficial ingredients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Soybean Oil, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid and Phospholipids to help you look absolutely stunning around the clock.

Retails for:   $18.00

Where to Buy:   TheBalm.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Beauty.com

My Thoughts:  I've heard so many good things for so long about The Balm I knew I had to try them for myself.  Way back in April they had an amazing offer for 50% off everything on their site.  So amazing in fact that it shut down their site for days.  Yes, days. After patiently waiting for their site to come back online so I could partake in this awesome opportunity, I loaded my cart with a variety of items.  First, mascara.  {You can read my review on that here.}  To compliment my eyes, an eyeshadow palette.  Next, two foundations.  Since I didn't know my correct color (being pale is tricky people.  Oh sooooo tricky.) I figure it was two for the price of one and hoped I'd at least hit it with one of them.  What goes better with foundation than concealer?  Really, nothing other than powder, so I grabbed a concealer as well and checked out before everything was out of stock.

Even after months of using this every so often, I'm still on the fence about it.  I love the name.  Cute product names get me every time, and just like Benefit The Balm has kitsch out the wazoo (as my grandma would put it).  I think it's adorable how it mimics the foundation in packaging.  Clear round plastic container with a sponge round inside.  However, the formula is what really makes a product.  You can have all the cute nifty packaging and adorable names you want, but if your product is crap your product is crap.

Not that I'm calling this crap by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm just not as in love with it as say my Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, or even the Stila Stay All Day Concealer in the lid of the matching foundation.  It's neither dry nor hydrating, rather somewhere in the middle.  I can't tell if it works better on blemishes or under the eyes.  It really has no one single quality I love or hate about it.  It's just so-so on every level for me that it's supremely frustrating to me not to be able to pinpoint my feelings on it.

Final Verdict: The verdict is still out on this one actually.  I just figured it was high time I wrote something about it. 

Have you tried it?  Did you love it?  Did you hate it?  Are you as undecided as me?  Share your thoughts!  I'd love to hear them!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...