From the Brand:
LashBlast is volume + length mascara.This mascara starts giving your lashes a blast of volume and incredible length in one stroke. No need to use two mascaras.
- Buildable fiber-strength lengthening
- Thickens and extends the look of your natural lashes
Retails for: $9.49
Where to Buy: Ulta Stores, Ulta.com, Walgreens, CVS, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, Wherever Drugstore brands are sold.
My Thoughts: For a mascara with a rubber wand, I'm actually a fan of this one. Sometimes even a professional makeup artist can be late the program I guess. Lashblast is definitely nothing new. They have a ton of formulas now, and I've tried a few. This one stood out to me as the winner though. It does give some great volume without clumping. I noticed a big difference in length as well. I just wish it did a tad bit more and helped with the curl.
So let's examine the claims:
- Super volumizing- On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a nice even 8. The caveat to this though is that it has to be built up with many layers of product to attain said volume.
- Buildable- Absolutely. It's the way you achieve the volume, so it has to be buildable or else it's worthless. The brush on this coats each lash perfectly evenly with the rubber bristles and separates them to avoid clumps. I didn't keep dipping the wand back into the tube and applying layers that way to build the volume. I kept running it over the lashes on each eye repeatedly using the same original product pulled out. Just rotating the wand head so that there was fresh product each time and I was getting all of it off the wand and onto my lashes from all sides. The result was evenly coated, rich black feathery lashes.
- Thickens and extends the look of your natural lashes- On the 1-10 scale, again it's an 8. The base of the lash is definitely thicker looking than the tip, so they have more of a feathery wispy look to them, but it's still a very natural looking volume. You can tell you've got mascara on, but you don't look like you're wearing falsies, and it looks more like you've got amazing lashes than you're relying on product.
This is the only rubber mascara head that I've ever been able to say 100% didn't poke me in the eyes at all. I wouldn't even know it was a rubber mascara wand if I wasn't looking at it. It's soft and flexible but durable with super short bristles at the tip to help you comb out the tiny baby lashes in the inner corners without hurting yourself.
The pigment on this is also super black in the "very black" shade. The formula itself it just thick enough to coat and give volume but not too thick that it clumps with layering. The mascara formula plus the shape of the mascara wand make this an awesome combo for a drugstore makeup. I can see what everyone has been raving about for years with this stuff.
Final Verdict: Fantastic mascara for building up natural looking volume and soft feathery lashes.