Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Product Review- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Full Coverage Foundation

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation Review

 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Full Coverage Foundation Review 

 

From the Brand:   A long-wearing, skin-perfecting full coverage foundation with UVA/UVB SPF 15 infused with Amazonian clay for better, longer, truer wear.

Product Performance: Achieve flawless skin that looks healthy and natural. This supremely blendable, buildable and full coverage formula delivers up to 12 hours of satin-matte coverage with a weightless texture. Reduce the appearance of pores, discolorations and imperfections and ensure a perfectly flawless complexion every time with this best seller.

Powered By: Amazonian clay: This nutrient-rich, multitasking and total-skin-balancing clay reduces dryness and flakiness, improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear

Retails for:   $38.00

Where to Buy:    TarteCosmetics.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Ulta Stores, Ulta.com

My Thoughts:   This formula has almost a whipped mouse-like consistency, sort of gel-like but not dense.  If that make any sense.  It's definitely unique.  There's a decent amount of pigmentation in it, so a little goes a long way.  I didn't like applying it with my damp blender sponge.  I think that the moisture in the sponge doesn't mix well with the formula of the foundation.  I got much better coverage and finish from a buffing brush.  I love using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it into the surface of the skin.

It covers the redness on the sides of my nose very well without making my pores look more noticeable, which is very important to me.  It also absorbs any shine in my t zone without separating and looking either patchy or chalky by the end of the day.  It has a great wear time and a demi-matte finish.  It looks like skin, but not dewey and not dry and powdery either.

While it does absorb oil, since my skin is naturally on the slightly drier side, it's not a great every day foundation for me in particular.  It's great for days when I'm more oil-prone due to hormones, or for when I need the coverage and will be spending an extended amount of time in the humidity.  I can see this being the perfect foundation for those with oily skin all the time, especially teenage girls.  Just remember that a little goes along way with the coverage so you don't end up wasting any!

Final Verdict: It's not the cheapest foundation around, especially if you are a teenage girl with a limited budget, but it's worth the investment for a great oil controlling foundation that doesn't look heavy on the skin.  A great option to rotate out for those with combination skin as well!

 

**Disclaimer:  This article contains referral links.  As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...