Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Product Review- mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara

Mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara Review
Mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara Mini Vial with Hook-Up

Mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara Review
Mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara Wand

 

 

From the Brand:  This super-rich mascara perfectly lengthens, thickens and defines lashes without clumping. *Hook up products: packaged in a convenient mini vial. Applicator included in cap. 0.12 oz. net wt. 

 

Retails for: $6.50


Where to Buy: http://shop.meetmark.com/product.aspx?pf_id=31417, Mark. representative, https://beautyarmy.com/scanda-lash-black


My Thoughts: I received this in one of my BeautyArmy monthly subscription boxes, and I was excited to try it out.  I saw the wand for it, and I knew it was a shape that I've had good success with in the past.  It's cute, and easy to pack with the little hook-up to attach it to a gloss, so it would work perfectly for my vacation makeup kit.  I applied it to curled lashes, and the immediate effect was great!  It added length and volume without clumping or looking too "fake".  

 

Right after application. Instagram @sueminskey


Sadly, my enthusiasm didn't remain intact until the end of the day, and neither did the mascara.  It was hot out, and I spent most of the day I did my test run out and about running errands in the heat.  In and out of the car, the humidity did a number on my lashes.  By the end of the day, although the mascara hadn't run at all, it was very mushy feeling.  It was like my lashes had been coated in black paste instead of mascara.  I'm used to mascaras that dry to a firm stiff feeling on my lashes.  Even the Maybelline Full N Soft mascara doesn't have this mushy feeling to it.  The outside corner lashes had clumped together, and when I pinched my lashes together between my thumb and pointer finger, it all came off on my fingertips in a goopy mess.

   

Final Verdict: Would I purchase this mascara?  No.  It didn't feel good on my lashes by the end of the day in the heat.

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products.  All the opinions expressed in this article are my own.  These items were purchased with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Oh another great review. Thanks! Mascara is such a staple for me that I hate when it doesn't play well!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a mascara ADDICT. lol. I've been gearing up for a series of Top Ten Best... Articles in November, so I've been trying new mascaras like fiend for the mascara article!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...