Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Product Review- Buxom Lash Mascara

Buxom Lash Mascara Review
Buxom Lash Mascara Review

Buxom Lash Mascara Review

 

Buxom Lash Mascara Review


From the Brand: 

What it is:
An intensely volumizing mascara for bigger, fuller lashes.

What it does:
This vitamin-enriched formula deepens, darkens, and thickens from root to tip. The curvy hourglass-shaped brush holds the ideal amount of mascara to ensure every lash is coated evenly with our silky, clump-free formula.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates

Research results:
-96% of women agreed this mascara volumized lashes and did not clump or smudge*
*Based on independent USA consumer test

Retails for:   $19.00

Where to Buy:   Sephora Stores, Sephora.com

My Thoughts:  Why oh why does this have to have such a large brush head?!  Other than that, this is a pretty awesome mascara.  The formula is very very thin, so it coats the hairs so lightly you really have to stroke it over a few times to build up any kind of volume.  But at the same time it doesn't weigh your lashes down and means that the curl will actually stay.  When I'm layering this mascara, I don't keep dipping it back in the tube to get more product.  Instead, I swipe it from base to tip 2-3 times, rotate the wand so that I'm using a different side of the brush and swipe it 2-3 more times.  I repeat this 3-4 times so that I'm using approximately a quarter of the wand at a time.

It does really seem to add a ton of length to my lashes without the spidery effect.  It doesn't leave huge clumps of mascara on the tips of my lashes.  Rather, it coats them evenly from root to tip, leaving a natural taper so the length looks believable.  The tips of my lashes are very light, so any color to them makes them instantly look longer, but the color Blackest Black is a nice deeply pigmented rich black that isn't glossy or matte but more of a satin finish that gives the effect of natural shiney hairs.

Besides the large brush head (it'd be perfect at 3/4 of its sized) the only downside I find with this mascara is that it can smudge easily.  Even after my lashes have dried completely, if I stroke my fingertip over the bottom of the lashes it will start to wipe off the mascara onto my finger.  So if my eyes start to water and I dab at them, my fingertips are coming away black.

The mascara brush head is a rubber one, but thankfully it doesn't poke my eyelid.  It has a slight hourglass shape to it, and it's very flexible on the end of the wand but still enough that I'm not making a mess.  The bristles are thin enough to separate the lashes like a comb but close enough to each other that it can build up the product on both sides of the lash evenly for natural looking volume. 

Final Verdict: Reduce the size of the mascara wand head and increase the longevity, and this would be a killer mascara.  As it stands, it's only one rung down from awesome.  I'll be tickled pink to find this in a set somewhere and will happily use up the rest of my deluxe sample tube.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...