Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Product Review- Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Scrub

Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Scrub
Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Scrub


Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Scrub

From the company: More than a scrub, it's a true beauty treatment for the skin!  Perlier has extracted, from volcanic rocks, micronutrients that are essential and vital to the cells of the skin.  With natural minerals with different particle sizes, it delivers dual rejuvenating and smoothing action!  We like the sound of that!

The larger mineral particles work with the Thermal water to stimulate regeneration deep in the epidermis while the finer powders smooth the skin, removing dead cells and rough areas, leaving the skin soft and velvety like truly "new skin".

Perlier has transformed the extraordinary energy of the volcano into an "anti-aging energy" for the skin.

From that description, it had a lot to live up to!  I felt like I should be arising from my bath like a Venus- complete with cherubs fanning me with palm fronds and bluebird arranging my hair into braids like an extra from Game of Thrones.  Ok, I'm totally exaggerating here, but it did sound totally awesome and after filling up my tub in attempt to have a luxurious spa like background for my product photos, I couldn't wait to hop in, scrub up, and see how it lived up to my expectations.

First, let's talk about the smell.  It's like taking a big whiff of Hawaiian sea air.  When I think of volcanoes, I think of Hawaii.  And I've smelled the air in Hawaii, soaked in its thermal springs, seen an actual volcano.  It was the trip of a lifetime, and with two kids and my mother in law no longer living there (buh bye free accommodations!) I'll probably never experience it again.  I opened this jar up, smelled the scrub, and bam!  I was reliving my dream vacation.  It's like clean sea air in a jar.  That makes your skin pretty.  Already I was sold.

Next, let's talk texture.  Unlike any other scrub I've tried, this is almost like a gel.  You can see from the photo it looks a bit like gritty blue jelly.  It holds the pumice and silica spheres suspended for ease of application while imparting your skin with subtle moisture and no oily residue!  This is perfect to prep your skin before a waxing or a spray tan.  It rinses cleanly and leaves a subtle clean scent on your skin.

So it didn't make me miraculously into a demi-God, but it did totally buff out the dry patches on my body like a dream.  Major score number two from iFabbo.  Now I'm off to hunt down some pineapple in my pantry and look through my vacation album.  Until next time, Aloha!

****When you purchase this product through HSN (link http://bit.ly/19haI9a) you can save $5.00 off your Perlier purchase!  Use code: iFabbo5 to save!

Have you tried any of the Perlier products?  If so, I'd love to hear your recommendations.  I saw a honey tightening body duo that sounds like it would be amazing!

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were provided through the iFabbo network for my consideration. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...