Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Product Review- Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara Review
Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara Review

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara Review

 

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara Review 

 

From the Brand:    Curl makes a lady. Sculpt your lashes with perfectly sexy curves to feel instantly prettier-than-pretty. Our formula boosts curl, separates lashes, and literally crafts each one into an expertly-shaped, battable set. Part of the secret lies in our molded and curved new technology wand that shapes lashes AND holds curl effectively throughout the day. Even more impressive are the incredible conditioning ingredients in our formula – packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and Meadowfoam seed oil and Shea Butter for conditioning and smoothing. Take that. We’d probably love this mascara no matter what the tube looked like…. But in the spirit of looking pretty we put it in a stunning mirrored gunmetal tube, embellished with swirling black scrolls. Go on with your pretty self.

Fill Weight: 9 ml e 0.3 US fl oz

Retails for:   $20.00

Where to Buy:   Urbandecay.com, Ulta stores and ulta.com, Sephora stores and Sephora.com

My Thoughts:   I got the travel size in a kit, because I wasn't in the mood to spend $20 on a mascara I wasn't sure I was going to like, especially when I've been trying every mascara under the sun lately for these reviews.  And boy and I glad I went with that decision. I was not a fan of this mascara at all.

The wand is rubber, which was strike number one against it.  Add to that the fact that the bristles were thick and spaced too far apart to get a nice separation combined with a stiff inflexible wand, and I really disliked it all around.  Strike number two Urban Decay.  The formula isn't too thick or two thin, so that was nice.  And the curved mascara wand head helped me coat my lashes nice and evenly without much trouble or messiness on the rest of my lids.  I'll give them that.

The biggest let down for me, especially when the reason I was interested in it to begin with, was that it did absolutely nothing for me as far as curling.  Even when I used a lash curler before (and I tested it with pre-curled and naturally straight lashes) I saw no visible difference in the amount of curl or how long the curl lasted (as with the pre-curled lashes).  Strike number three.  You're out of my makeup bag!

Kuddos for making it super long wearing though with no smudging.  Not waterproof mascara long-wearing, but a great wear for everyday mascara.  I was really impressed by that, even though I was so disappointed with how uncurled and clumped together my lashes looked that I was anticipating when I could wash it off.  Oh, and the packaging of course was adorbs!  Just like everything else they do, they do with total style.

Final Verdict:  I love, love, love every single thing I've ever tried from Urban Decay, so this was a major disappointment for me. I went into it with such high hopes that I'd found a mascara that could give me both volume and curl, but alas, it was just not meant to be.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...