Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Product Review- L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner


L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner Review
L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner Review


 

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner Review 

 

From the Brand:    Creamy eyeliner glides on easily for smooth application. Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner by L'Oreal resists smudging and provides up to 16-hour wear. Including a built-in sharpener and smudger to create smokey eye looks.

Retails for:   $8.99

Where to Buy:    Ulta Stores, Ulta.com, Walgreens, CVS, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, Wherever Drugstore brands are sold.

My Thoughts:   For years this was my go-to eyeliner pencil because it was so densely pigmented and lasted a pretty long time.  Over time though, I came to find many new "favorites", and this was moved to the organizer bin of eyeliner pencils to only be fished out every once and a while when I was feeling nostalgic.  That's not to say that it isn't a great eyeliner for the price.  But in the many months that I've been writing this blog and experimenting with new brands and formulas of eyeliner pencils on myself, I haven't had the time to really use this one as much as I once did.

The pigmentation of this is an 8 out of 10.  It's not a pure inky black, but it's not sheer either by any stretch of the imagination.  It gives a nice even black line, and it's easy to keep sharp with it's roll up tip.  It glides nicely without tugging, but it's not a gel based formula.  It's slightly more waxy and dry in texture, which gives it a good grip but doesn't set to quickly to smudge out.  I really like the built in silicone smudger on the opposite end, which makes it easy to soften up the line for a smokey look.

I wouldn't give it a full 16 hour wear time however.  I'd say you'll get a solid 8 hours, and then based on how oily your lids are and how well you prime the lids first, you'll get up to another 6 hours out of it, making it a decent 14 hour max wear time.  It's not the best in the waterline, as it fades quickly and doesn't go on very pigmented there.  High humidity can also cause it to creep around the inner and outer corners of the eyes and require a bit of a touch up.  I almost always found myself wearing it in the winter or using a liquid liner pen to draw on my "wings" on the outer edges for a better lasting finish.

Final Verdict: Great eyeliner if you're looking for a drugstore version to keep costs down.

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...