Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Product Review- Hydroxatone AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex

Hydroxatone AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex Review

Hydroxatone Anti-Wrinkle Complex Review

I joined the iFabbo beauty bloggers network a few weeks ago, a program designed to put beauty bloggers in contact with beauty brands to review their products for free.  It's a fantastic program, where you earn "coins" for your reviews that you publish which you can then redeem for more products to test.  (If you're a beauty blogger like me, I highly recommend you submit your blog for review to see if you qualify.)  I'm also super excited to be headed out to San Fransisco next month for their annual beauty blogger conference.  It will be my first trip to California, and I've booked a room at a beautiful historic hotel.  But enough about that.  Let's get on to how amazing this skin cream is!

I may only be 30 and with pretty good skin for my age (apart from tons of sun damage from growing up with super pale Irish skin in Florida!), but I learned from the tender age of 15 that prevention is the true key to aging gracefully.  So when I find a new anti-aging skincare product, I don't dismiss is just because I don't have deep wrinkles yet!

My skin is super dry, and lately even though it's still summer I've been getting dry patches on my cheeks just outside my t-zone.  I had been using the Ageless Derma Anti-Aging Skin Cream {review here} for a few months and was really loving how quickly it absorbed with no residue on my skin.  Then my package from iFabbo came, and I got to try this little gem out for a while.  And oh, boy did it come just in time!

The texture of the Hydroxatone AM/PM Anti-Aging Complex is much thicker.  It's a traditional cream- thick, white, scoop some out with your finger and work it into the skin kind of cream.  It glides on very silky and really hydrates the skin.  Here's some info from the company on its ingredients that make it so hydrating:

Hyaluronic Acid- incredible ability to retain moisture in the skin which results in increased smoothness softness and decrease of facial wrinkles.
Matrixyl3000- helps skin to promote natural levels of collagen, hyaluronic acid and fibronectin.
Argireline- anti-aging peptide specifically designed to provide fast results.



Hydroxatone AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex Review





Since I have such dry skin, I found this thick cream to be extremely pleasant to use.  I do have to admit that it may not be for everybody.  If you have very oily skin, you may be put off with how thick it is or how long it takes to soak in.  It's more suited to a night cream for those who wear makeup daily and don't want to wait a long time for the product to be completely absorbed before applying the makeup.  It has an SPF15 in it, so it's great if you want to wear it alone during the day to hydrate and protect against sun damage.

If you apply your foundation too soon it won't wear as long, and if you apply a powder while the skin is still tacky it can make the powder clump and streak.  It does take about 20 minutes before it's completely absorbed, so I'd recommend applying it right out of the shower (or after washing your face if you shower at night) and having your morning cup of coffee to let it really sink in and start to do its magic.  Just take a tissue or piece of toilet paper to blot off any excess on the surface if you don't have time to wait.

I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I've noticed a definite boost to the hydration level of my skin that lasts all day long.  I've used it twice a day, and I'm about halfway through the jar.  In my estimation, the jar should last you about 60 days or so.  Twice that if you use it just once a day.

Overall, I really love this anti-aging skin cream.  I've heard of the brand before and see it advertised in the Ulta catalogs all the time, but I'd never gone ahead and tried it on my own.  I'm so glad this was my first product for review both because it's a great product to use but I can have nice things to say for my first review! I hope there's either more products by the brand to review at some point or a great deal on a gift set from Ulta so I can try some other Hydroxatone products.

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were provided through the iFabbo network for my consideration. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...