Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Product Review- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review

 

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review

 

From the Brand:    Sexy, dramatic, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. Famously big brush coats lashes with our thick black formula. It's as BAD as you want to be!

Retails for:   $19.00

Where to Buy:   BenefitCosmetics.com, Sephora Stores, Sephora.com, Ulta Stores, Ulta.com

My Thoughts:   This is one of those mascaras that thinks the bigger wand head will give you bigger lashes, and I'm just not a believer.  I really like the mascara formula, but I find the large mascara wand head too large to manipulate without making a mess on my eyelids.  I like smaller mascara wand heads with densely packed bristles that are varying lengths to really reach every single lash and coat them evenly.

That being said, I can get a create mascara application from this with a disposable mascara wand in the shape I prefer.  Great mascaras are 50% amazing wand heads and 50% amazing formula.  You can easily transform a so-so mascara into an amazing one by swapping out one of the two features that just isn't "doing it" for you.  For me, I can use s disposable mascara wand with this mascara and get gorgeous lashes.

The formula of the Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara is nice and richly pigmented and thick enough to coat and add volume without clumping up.  It doesn't smudge throughout the day, and it doesn't make my lashes feel dry and brittle either.  It's fairly easy to remove with some eye makeup remover at the end of the day or my preferred method- coconut oil. 

Final Verdict:  Since I'm not a fan at all of the mascara wand, whenever I get one of these as a trial or in a kit (like the tube in the photo) I toss it into my professional kit to use on set where a waterproof mascara isn't required.  I prefer to use disposable wands with this mascara anyway, which makes it perfect for use on clients.  If you're a fan of the large wand heads, you'll love this mascara!

 

 

**Disclaimer: As with all my product reviews, I was not paid by the cosmetic company to provide feedback or review/promote their products. All the opinions expressed in this article are my own. These items were purchased with my own money. For more information on my policies, please view my Let's Chat page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...